Nowadays you use passwords for almost everything and sometimes they can become unmanageable. So unless you use the same password for everything – which we strongly advise against – you need KeePass Password Safe Portable.
This program is a standalone password manager that requires no installation and can be taken anywhere on your USB memory stick. It enables you to create a complete password database, organized by customizable categories and protected by a master password – the only one you'll need to remember from now on.
KeePass Password Safe Portable features a nicely designed interface and is easy to find your way around. It also has some handy extra tools, such as a password generator, a TAN wizard (to work with passwords that can only be used once) and support for plug-ins that extend the program's functionality.
Using KeePass Password Safe Portable is a breeze. Just double click on the item you want to use (username or password) and it'll be automatically copied to the clipboard, and erased in a few seconds. You can also set an expiration date for passwords, for a extra layer of security.
With KeePass Password Safe Portable you'll never forget a password again.
- Auto-type window definitions in custom window-sequence pairs are now Spr-compiled (i.e. placeholders, environment variables, etc. can be used).
- Global auto-type delay: added support for multi-modified keys and special keys.
- Added 'New Database' application policy flag.
- Multi-monitor support
- RoboForm importer: URLs without protocol prefix are now prefixed automatically (HTTP).
- Entry-dependent placeholders can now be used in most trigger events, conditions and actions (the currently focused entry is used).
- Auto-type on Unix-like systems: KeePass now shows an informative error message when trying to invoke auto-type without having installed the 'xdotool' package.
- New column engine: drag&dropping hidden fields works as expected again (the field data is transferred, not asterisks).
- Improved restoration of a maximized main window.
- Improved error message when trying to import/export data from/to a KDB file on a non-Windows operating system.
- Minor other improvements.